Heritage

heritage

Two bay four storey Georgian fronting Westland built In 1773 with round head windows to the piano noble. Open plan Industrial Row building supported by Dublin calp limestone opening onto Harcourt built 1920.

1826 records the Oporto Wine Company in occupancy with an address also at 73 Regent Street in London. From 1837 until the early 20th Century, No 35 was the Headquarters to the pioneering Dublin and Kingstown Railway Company Ireland’s first railway in this halcyon era of romantic travel from Westland Row to  Kingstown Harbour – it initially ordered 6 locomotives – Hibernia, Britannia, Manchester, Star, Victoria and Comet.